Tuesday, May 12, 2015

My Love/Hate Relationship with Jurassic Park

Jurassic World is coming in June 12, One day before my Birthday, and I am Getting ready to see it. The Raptors look great, The actors are all pretty likable, and This new Hybrid Dinosaur is very intimidating. I love the Jurassic Park franchise. I even like Jurassic Park 3. For all you JP3 haters out there, shut the fuck up! This is the movie that got me to like Jurassic Park to begin with. But while there are some things I love about the Jurassic Park franchise, there's also some things I hate about it.

I love: The Effects

Jurassic park movies from 1-3 are extremely life like. It's because the film makes used an even blend of CGI and animatronics. They blended the Animatronic T rex with the CG one, and the result are amazing. The fight scene in Jurassic Park 3 is so life like, that you'd think it's actual dinosaurs fighting. Jurassic World is mostly CGI, and it kind of bothers me, but the CGI makes sense. Jurassic World is going to be a fast paced movie, compared to the older movies, which are slower. 

        

I hate: Ian Malcom in Jurassic Park

In the first Jurassic Park, Ian Maclom was really annoying in movie 1. All he did was "Uh, Dinosaurs, Uh, Shouldn't, Uh, Be cloned." and "Life, Uh, Finds, Uh, a way." 


I love: Ian Malcom in Jurassic Park 2

In the second Movie, Ian Malcom was done better than in the first movie. He didn't say Uhs as much as he did in movie 1. Instead of filling the air with Bullshit, he actually contributes to the movie. 

I hate: The inaccuracy in Jurassic World
The Jurassic World Dinos aren't very accurate about their dinosaurs. The first two JP movies get's a pass, because that's what Paleontologists thought dinosaurs looked like at the time, and Jurassic Park 3 get's a pass because it tried. It tried to make the Velociraptors more Bird like, and even gave the male ones Feather quills on the top of their heads. But in Jurassic World, the Raptors are naked again, Mosasaur  is the size of a blue whale, and the bug preserved inside the amber in the trailer isn't even a mosquito, it was a cranefly. 

I love: Spinosaurus 

Maybe it's because he's the first big dino I've seen. Maybe it's because he's a cool dinosaur, but whatever reason, I love Spinosaurus. He's my favorite Dino. With the T rex, you can see he's an anti hero, but with Spiny, he is full on villain. He's like the villain of a horror movie. His eyes are empty for the sole purpose of looking evil. 


I hate: Alan and Ellie didn't end up together.

When I was a kid, It didn't bother me, but later on in life, It started to piss me off. Dr Grant and Dr Sadler were perfect together, and by the end of movie 1, Alan had resolved his problem with children, which would logically lead to them getting married and having kids. But it didn't happen. Ellie married some other guy. Bullshit. 

I love: Jurassic Park Builder

Yes, I have Jurassic Park builder on my Xperia Z, and I do not regret it. 

I Hate: T Rex always wins

Alot of the older fans have this mindset where they think Tyrannosaurus Rex is invincible. Ever since JP3, where T rex died in the jaws of Spinosaurus, fans have been "No! T rex must be invincible! He shouldn't be defeated!" They think he's bigger, badder and stronger than other Theropod Dinosaurs. Well, he's not. in size, he's not only dwarfed by Spinosaurus, you know, that dinosaur T rex fanboys hate, but it's also dwarfed by Dino cousins Giganotosaurus and Charcarodontosaurus. Wow, and in strenght, Giganotosaurus has a stronger bite force than T rex. Sorry, Fan boys, but T rex is a T rex, not the fucking Terminator.


I love: Velociraptors

A dinosaur movie is only as good as it's dinosaurs, and this dinosaur is bad ass. Of course, T rex and Spinosaurus can't chase our heroes through a small hallway, so we need something smaller, but big enough to overpower the scared people. And the Velociraptor made it's biggest movie appearance. T rex and Spinosaurus aren't the stars of the JP franchise it's the Velociraptor.
   
      

I'm still Excited for Jurassic World. The Dinosaur I'm dying to see is Mosasaur and Brontosaurus.  BTW, Mosasaur totally ate Jaws. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment