Monday, May 4, 2015

Top 10 Disney Princesses

Here are my top 10 Disney Princesses. I'm not going by the official Disney Princess Line up, I'm going by who I think is deserving of the title. I'm not only doing the cartoon ones either. Also, Elsa is not on this list! She is a Queen, not a princess/

10. Snow White.
Today, Snow White is seen as an anti-feminist character. All she wants is to get married and cook food. But when you really think of it, she is the mother figure of these dwarfs. she teaches them manners and sings to them, and Anyone who says being a Mother is easy, clearly has never been one.

9. Giselle
Giselle is Unique, because she is the only princess to be both cartoon and real. And she's also the first Princess to learn what a real relationship is supposed to be like. 

8. Vanellope Von Schweetz 
If you take Strawberry Shortcake and mix her with Mario Kart, then you will get Vanellope. What I love about Vanellope is that she had an option to become a Princess, but Instead gave it up to be president. 

7. Ariel 
Ariel is a Mermaid, and everyone loves Mermaids. I know I do. She also has a beautiful singing voice. But it's not the typical boring Siren's Melody. She has range, like a Broadway singer. She also has pretty red hair.

6.  Mulan
Mulan is Disney's first Asian princess. Her Father is going to be sent to war, so she disguises herself as a man and takes his place. She's also the first Princess to wield a weapon. 

5. Mia Thermopolis
Mia Thermopolis Is Anne Hathaway's breakout role. A San Francisco Uggy who finds out her Grandmother is a Queen, which makes her a Princess. After a makeover of her face and her personality, this Ugly Duckling manages to turn into a Swan. 
4. Anna 
I have to admit, Anna is a little on the slow side. She's not very smart, or graceful. So what's so likable about her? Her Optimism. She's always looking at the bright side of things. 

3. Tiana
Tiana is Disney's first Black Princess. Alot of famous black singers wanted to voice her, but it went to Broadway Actress Anika Noni Rose. She is committed and hard working. 


2. Cinderella
To be clear, no, I am not talking about the original Cinderella. I'm talking about the 2015 revamp. This Cinderella took what was good from the original, and added a modern twist to it. She doesn't meet the prince at the ball, she meets him in the forest, after she saves a stag from being hunted. 

Honorable Mention
Belle

1. Rapunzel

Fact: The Rapunzel story is my favorite fairy tale. Ever. And when I found out Disney was doing a Rapunzel movie, I almost fainted. And when I saw it it didn't disappoint. Rapunzel was naive, spunky, ambitious and compassionate. Not to mention her beautiful golden hair. She's the best.



No comments:

Post a Comment